Skip to main content

Wrap Up July\\Welcome, August+An Announcement!


Greetings, all!







I fully intended to have my wrap-up of July posted right on time, but y’all know that little thing called life?



It is not liking me of late; I can tell you that. XD



So here is my very late wrap-up post, with an important announcement featured at the end. XP





July’s Music

(Been listening to a lot of music lately. XD)



In Case You Don’t Live Forever by Ben Platt
Ben Platt’s solo album has a couple of absolutely beautiful songs on it, and this one is probably my favorite right now. <33 I love the nostalgic lyrics. 


Shadowheart by Epic Score
 WOW Epic Score’s latest album was AMAZING. This song is one of the best from that album-I love the intensely epic feel of it.


Speechless from Aladdin (2019)-cover by One Voice Children’s Choir
Still haven’t seen the live-action Aladdin, but the soundtrack is pretty awesome. This children’s choir is spectacular, and their cover of this rousing song is A+. 


Thomas Remembers by John Paesano from Maze Runner 
Been on a Maze Runner hype the past month or so, and as a result started listening to the soundtrack. I LOVE John Paesano, and this soundtrack is one of his best, in my opinion. 


Now and For Always by A.R. Rahman (LotR Musical) 
A friend of mine discovered a Lord of the Rings musical on Spotify a few weeks back, and being the MiddleEarthMusician, I had to listen to it. It’s actually REALLY good-I LOVE this song. <333


Believe by James Paget 
One of my favorite songs ever. <333



July Movies

Maze Runner: The Death Cure 

Spider-Man: Far From Home

Jericho: Season One 

Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse

 Pete’s Dragon 

Dumbo 

A Quiet Place 




July’s Books

(Didn’t do much actual book reading this month-I helped a couple of friends proofread their novels so I didn’t have time for much other reading. XP Read some pretty epic novels though-can’t wait until they get published!) 


Eldest by Christopher Paolini

Hinds Feet on High Places by Hannah Hurnard

The Fever Code by James Dashner

I Can Only Imagine by Bart Millard

The Death Cure by James Dashner

The Kill Order by James Dashner

Tales of Redwall: Eulalia by Brian Jacques 


Tales of Redwall: Lord Brocktree by Brian Jacques



July Events

Camp Nano-Met my usual goal of 10,000 words and had a blast in The Fellowship of the Keyboards cabin.  A huge shout out to all my fellow cabin mates, and to our epic cabin leader, Jane Maree. You guys are awesome! <33

Spider-Man: Far From Home in Theater-Went to see this movie in the theater for my friend’s 18th birthday. It was REALLY good, and we were totally fangirling during the whole movie (not to mention during the previews XP). It was great.

Real Camping Trips-Went up to the mountains early in the month for a relaxing camping trip, complete with ice-cream, sunburns, and little sleep. It was a sweet family time, nonetheless. <33



July Writing

Here’s some snippets for y’all. Hope you enjoy them. XP

*

I woke up this morning on the floor of my room, d-pad clutched in my hand and e-books scattered on the floor. My eyes were swollen and my vision bleary, and my throat felt like a death slug had crawled in there in the middle of the night and exploded.

I got to my feet, found some clean clothes in my trunk, and hurried to the restroom to clean up. I didn’t care how late it was-I was going to have a nice, long, hot shower.

Hopefully.

It turned out that the water was lukewarm today, and Dani came pounding on the door after I’d only been in there for about ten minutes. I closed my eyes and turned off the water. “…yes?”

“Mavi, it’s 1030, you’ve missed breakfast, and we’re going to be at Nodnol in twenty minutes. You have five to be in the cockpit for briefing.”

“Got it.”

Blast everything and everybody.

I protest life.

*

We heard a siren in the distance. I tapped my finger on the wall. “That’s the fourth one we’ve heard in the past hour.” It was a comment directed to no one in particular, but Nala still answered it.

“I wonder if that many sirens are normal for an hour in one place in the city?” She tugged at a strand of her golden hair.

Robert spoke up. “I’m sure it is. Big city planets like this are rift with crime and disease.”

Gayle rolled her eyes. “Not all big cities are horrible, Robert.”

“I’ll believe that when I visit a good city.”

*

I wasn’t about to head to my room, and Mari and Julie had the same idea. We found some spots in the eating area and curled up, making sure the all the lights were on before we fell asleep.

The last thing I saw before drifting off was Liam, the darn kangaroo, sneaking into the eating area and grabbing a roll before he bounded off into the blackness of the hallway.

*



That’s it! I’m sure glad July’s over. Seemed like it would never end. X’D

Aanndd now for my announcement. 





MY BLOG IS TWO YEARS OLD!!! *throws confetti, blows party horns, and hands out cake* 


I COMPLETELY forgot that my blogoversary was at the end of July, so I don’t really have anything planned. XD But keep an eye out this next month or so; Music, Mystery, Middle Earth, and Mitochondria will be getting a bit of a facelift-new design, new pages, and some other new things. Think it’s about time to have a makeover. XD



Now, tell me about your month! How did Camp Nano go for all you writerly types? Did you read any good books? Who else saw Spider-Man Far from Home?



Namarie!




Comments

  1. Oh, wow, congrats on two years!!!! *confetti*

    Hope you have an amazing August! <33 (And it was awesome being in the Fellowship of the Keyboards with you again this year!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! <33
      Thanks! You too!!! (YESSSS SAME BACK TO YOU. <333)

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you had an amazing July. :)

    And I love Speechless too <3 (I love songs that empower women) and I love their cover of it. It is amazingly powerful. (I've been also listening to many covers of Speechless, one of which is duet, so it is interesting to hear a cover done with a larger group of people.)

    And I love your snippets. :)
    Also Happy Blogiversary!! *throws confetti*
    -Quinley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did! 'Twas a pretty good month. :-D
      OOH YESS ANOTHER SPEECHLESS FAN. <33 Ah, cool cool!!!
      Thank you so much!!! <33

      Delete
  3. Wow, congrats on your blogiversary! Keep it up! I love your blog <3
    Sounds you had a good July! For me it passed too fast, haha ;D I haven't read and seen any of these books and movies you listed. Books by James Dashner sounds great! Some of my favourite books I read in July are: "The Cabin" by Natasha Preston, "The Fault In Our Stars" by John Green (I couldn't stop crying!) and "Everything, everything" by Nicola Yoon :)
    Have an amazing August, Mem! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! Aw, thanks!!! <33
      I did! XD Ah, you had the opposite problem. XP :-O YOU MUST TRY SOME OF THEM! YES James Dashner is a great author. :-D Ooh, cool! I've heard of The Fault in Our Stars. :-)
      Thank you!!! You too!!! <3

      Delete
  4. I really enjoyed Spiderman FFH. While it wasn't as plot heavy as most MCU movies, it was super funny and enjoyable!

    Congrats on two years! That's really awesome! I'm excited to see how you change your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did too!!! Yes, I agree. :-)
      Thank you!!! Hehe, so am I actually. XD <3

      Delete
  5. Very cool post and I really wanna see spiderman far from home! Btw, I followed you, would you follow me back? Xxxx
    www.skypositive.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! I will check your blog out. ^-^

      Delete
  6. I saw Spiderman: Far From Home! But honestly I think I liked Spiderman: Into the Spiderverse better. I was surprised by how much I liked that movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SAME. Spiderverse was such an amazing movie. <33

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Stationary Tag

Greetings and Happy Leap Day, my friends!  I got tagged by the lovely Rachel at R's Loft to participate in this stationary tag that was created by Bethany who blogs at Scribbled Fiction ! Many thanks for tagging me, Rachel!!! And many thanks to Bethany for creating this tag. :D There’s little in the world I love more than pens and notebooks…of course, I don’t often actually write in my notebooks but still. They’re amazing. XP 

My Camp Nano Project: Of Seas, Silver, and Shipmates.

Greetings, all!  Since Camp Nano is almost over...HOW IS IT ALREADY ALMOST THE END OF JULY???...ahem, I decided to share a little of what I've been working on this month.  Introducing,  Synopsis Eden Claire is an orphaned serving girl in England. Living her lonely life working in the library of a boarding school, she begins to think that she must always settle for less, and that her dreams of comradeship, adventure, and sailing to unknown lands must slowly dwindle away to nothing. However, when an old forgotten acquaintance shows up on her doorstep with a note left to Eden by her father, those dreams might just become rekindled; dreams that will take Eden to wild escapades on the high seas. Eden must outwit the notorious Damian the Black Hearted and his gang of pirates in her quest for her father’s treasure, but she cannot do it alone-she will need the help of others. Can she learn how important true friendship is, even at the cost of losing the treasure…and

Random Blog Party Pt. 3-Art Competition!!!

Greetings, all! Welcome to part three of the Random Blog Party!!! (Don’t forget to read parts one and two if you haven’t yet!!!) Today we are announcing the Random Blog Party Art Competition!!! Rules: 1.        Draw/paint/sketch/color/carve/sculpt/splatter/or whatever something random from your favorite fandom! 2.        Content must be appropriate for ALL AGES. G for General Audiences. 3.          Post your art on your blog/social media platform and comment with the link on THIS POST by midnight (12:00am) on Wednesday, May 13 th , 2020. 4.        Sadly, there will no actual prize (sorry! we will give out virtual cookies and pizza though) but we will highlight the winners’ artworks on our blog posts! We will be awarding Best Artwork, Most Creative, and Our Personal Favorite. 5.        If you have any questions, feel free to ask! We’re nice people. Hope you artists out there will join our competition!!! Can’t wait to see what you all come