Skip to main content

Wrapping Up May and June//Welcoming July!


Greetings, all!







It is now almost July. People, we are over halfway through 2019.





Seeing as I was extremely busy during the last part of May and was not able to write a wrap up post for that month, I shall now proceed to rapidly recap both May and June.



Hopefully this should go well.

Wish me luck.




Music of May and June

Normally right here I insert a couple of songs that I listened to throughout the previous month, but since I listened to a TON of songs, I shall spare you a couple of pages of YouTube links and will just insert a playlist that I made of current listens. XD

You’re welcome.


Movies of May and June

*looks through my mental list of movies watched*



Yeah, we’re going to condense this list.

Here are only a couple of favorite movies that I watched these past few months.



Maze Runner

Pride and Prejudice

Psych Series 4

Moana

Eragon

The Scorch Trials

Epic



Books of May and June

Wow, I am doing horrible at remembering what I did the past few months.

Here are the books I remember reading.

I’m pretty sure there was more, though. XD



The War Between the States: America’s Uncivil War by John J. Dwyer 
(^^^ This book was amazing.)




Calamity by Brandon Sanderson

Ghost Knight by Cornelia Funke

Reckless by Cornelia Funke

Rakkety Tam by Brian Jacques

Maze Runner by James Dashner (I love this book!!!)

Romanoff by Nadine Brandes <333

The Scorch Trials by James Dashner

Eldest by Christopher Paolini



Events of May and June

Honestly, not terribly much happened these past few months; but everything that did happen was a small milestone in my life.

I’m embarking on my last year as a child, people. It’s scary. 




Finished Junior Year of Highschool-WOOHOO!!! Only one year left of high school. Favorite subjects this past school year were history and writing; I studied the American Civil War and Sci-Fi and Fantasy writing techniques. And I’d like to give a huge shout out to my awesome teachers, Mom and Dad. <33 


Family Camping Trip to the Oregon Coast-We went to the Oregon Coast for the first time, and IT WAS AMAZING. The forests were completely different than anything I’d ever seen before, and the ocean was as beautiful as always. I would move there in a heartbeat. We also stopped at a fossil dig on the way there, and I found a couple of leaf fossils. Best field trip ever. XD  


Two Friends Graduating-Congrats to Idaho Reader and JadeShadow for graduating this year!!! These amazing girls have been two of my best friends for years. <33 


Trip to OYAN Summer Workshop-So every year the One Year Adventure Novel peoples put on a summer workshop for the students. I’ve been wanting to go since 2017 but have never had the money. Until this year.



IT WAS ONE OF THE BEST WEEKS OF MY LIFE. 

(^^^the auditorium)


We had some AMAZING speakers including Robert Treskillard (author of the Merlin Spiral Series), Stephanie Morrill (author of The Lost Girl of Astor Street and Within These Lines), Allen Arnold (author of The Story of With), and Steve Laube (a literary agent and president of The Steve Laube Agency); as well as the esteemed Mr. and Mrs. Schwabauer (S) of OYAN. These speakers inspired me not only to write better and more, but also to write for God’s glory and to worship Him. 

(^^^me and some amazing peoples getting ready to have a battle)
(I'm the only girl in the picture, F.Y.I. XD)


In addition to amazing speakers, I also got to meet all the lovely peoples from the OYAN community and to make dozens of new friends. We had swing dancing, foam sword battles (no one got killed, I promise), mafia and paranoia games, epic critique group discussions, cosplays (you guys, we had Gamora from the Guardians of the Galaxy, Ahsoka Tano from Star Wars, Toothless and Hiccup from HTTYD, and Frodo and Sam from LotR!!!), and tons of photos and memories. 


It was a week I shall never forget. 

(^^^I'm on the end of the group hug on the right in the green pants and black shirt XD) 



AANNDD, that’s a wrap!

Next week be on the lookout for the introducing of my Camp Nano project, The Ship’s Log!!! I’m excited to share it with you all. :-D



Your turn to talk! How was your May/June? Did you read any good books? Find any good songs? And who else is doing Camp Nano this July???

Hope you all have an amazing weekend.

Namarie! 

Comments

  1. You look like you had fun this month. I'm also reading through the Maze Runner series and watching the movies. We just did the Scorch Trials.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did!!! Ooh, awesome!!! I LOVE the Maze Runner series. <33

      Delete
  2. Congrats on getting to go to the OYAN workshop!!! Sounds like it was a lot of fun.

    You look a little awkward in the group hug... XP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! IT WAS AMAZING. :-D

      Do I? XD I didn't feel awkward. But now that you mention it... *squints at picture* I guess I kind of do... XD

      Delete
  3. CONGRATS ON FINISHING JUNIOR YEAR!!!

    That camping trip sounds awesome. <33

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the movie Epic!! It's so underrated.

    ReplyDelete
  5. AHHHHHHH!! You got to hear Stephanie Morrill teach?! So jealous!

    How did you find Reckless by Funke? I am usually pretty fond of her books, but I haven't read that one yet and I'm interested to hear what you thought of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did!!! She was great. :-D She did one session on writing tips from Disney movies and it was SO GOOD. :-)

      Okay...so... I personally LOVED it. It had great characters, a good plot, and an AMAZING story world. But...it was a WHOLE lot darker and more inappropriate than all of her other stories. :-Z So I would be a little wary while you're reading it. XD (There's a theme in a later chapter and another theme in the whole book that are not appropriate. They aren't explicit though, but still. :-Z) I LOVE all of her books though. <33

      Delete
  6. Sounds like you had an amazing June, MEM. :)
    Psych is awesome. :D Also congrats on finishing your junior year! *Throws confetti*
    -Quinley
    P.S. Happy 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I DID!!! :-D
      YES IT IS. X'D Thank you so much!!! <33
      (Thank you!!! Happy (late) Fourth to you!!!

      Delete
  7. I see you had a great June! Yay! :D Have an amazing July!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did!!! Thank you so much! I hope you have an amazing July as well. :-)

      Delete
  8. Glad you had a great two months. Where do you watch Psych? Like on Netflix or Amazon Prime? I've heard a lot about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much McKayla!!! So, we actually own it on Amazon. It might be on Netflix though??? I don't know. XD We also filter it through VidAngel because there is quite a bit of content. :-Z

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Stationary Tag

Greetings and Happy Leap Day, my friends!  I got tagged by the lovely Rachel at R's Loft to participate in this stationary tag that was created by Bethany who blogs at Scribbled Fiction ! Many thanks for tagging me, Rachel!!! And many thanks to Bethany for creating this tag. :D There’s little in the world I love more than pens and notebooks…of course, I don’t often actually write in my notebooks but still. They’re amazing. XP 

My Camp Nano Project: Of Seas, Silver, and Shipmates.

Greetings, all!  Since Camp Nano is almost over...HOW IS IT ALREADY ALMOST THE END OF JULY???...ahem, I decided to share a little of what I've been working on this month.  Introducing,  Synopsis Eden Claire is an orphaned serving girl in England. Living her lonely life working in the library of a boarding school, she begins to think that she must always settle for less, and that her dreams of comradeship, adventure, and sailing to unknown lands must slowly dwindle away to nothing. However, when an old forgotten acquaintance shows up on her doorstep with a note left to Eden by her father, those dreams might just become rekindled; dreams that will take Eden to wild escapades on the high seas. Eden must outwit the notorious Damian the Black Hearted and his gang of pirates in her quest for her father’s treasure, but she cannot do it alone-she will need the help of others. Can she learn how important true friendship is, even at the cost of losing the treasure…and

Random Blog Party Pt. 3-Art Competition!!!

Greetings, all! Welcome to part three of the Random Blog Party!!! (Don’t forget to read parts one and two if you haven’t yet!!!) Today we are announcing the Random Blog Party Art Competition!!! Rules: 1.        Draw/paint/sketch/color/carve/sculpt/splatter/or whatever something random from your favorite fandom! 2.        Content must be appropriate for ALL AGES. G for General Audiences. 3.          Post your art on your blog/social media platform and comment with the link on THIS POST by midnight (12:00am) on Wednesday, May 13 th , 2020. 4.        Sadly, there will no actual prize (sorry! we will give out virtual cookies and pizza though) but we will highlight the winners’ artworks on our blog posts! We will be awarding Best Artwork, Most Creative, and Our Personal Favorite. 5.        If you have any questions, feel free to ask! We’re nice people. Hope you artists out there will join our competition!!! Can’t wait to see what you all come