Skip to main content

Camp Nano Update\\Feat. SPRING PHOTOS!!!


Greetings, all!





I do believe Spring is finally here. This week our high was 83 degrees Farenheight; and its only mid-April!!





Not that I’m complaining, of course. XP 







Camp Nano has been going pretty good for me of late; I’m really developing my story and characters. Freja my gypsy girl has been as irritating to Eden (my MC) as always. And FINALLY we’re having some action…as there may or may not have been a pirate attack at sea…and there may or may not have been some causalities… *whistles nonchalantly* 



Snippets!

*

Freja took to sea life like a fish to water. I know that is a horrible cliché, but that is the first thing I thought of when I saw her skipping around the deck of the ship, singing in her hoarse voice and swabbing the decks with a mop that looked as if it had also done duty as a club in its day…which had probably been a hundred years ago. The thick handle was breaking apart, the tendrils of cloth attached to the bottom were fraying, and it hardly held enough water to fill a small cup.

*

Freja bounced up and down. “I heard one o’ the sailors talking at dinner. He said there are mermaids in the waters down south. Have you ever seen a mermaid, Elani?”

                Her faint smile grew larger. “No, Freja; I don’t believe they exist.”

                Freja slumped. “Barnacles, I had hoped they were real. They sounded so pretty.”

                Elani opened her eyes. “What did you just say?”

                “They sounded so pretty?”

                “No; did you say barnacles?”

                Freja shrugged. “Y’ smacked me the last time I said something that I had learned while living with the gypsies, so I said something I learned from a sailor.”

                Elani shook her head. “Barnacles is better than the other thing you said.”

*

Freja laughed. “Y’ can make a wish! If you wish on a shooting star, it will come true next time you see a shooting star.”

                Elani snorted. “That’s almost as preposterous as believing in mermaids.”

*

Then I heard the screaming. 

*

How much worse could you get?

…Much worse, as it turned out.

*

His dark eyes were shaded by his dark hair; and his thin mouth was partially hidden by the shadows from his prominent cheekbones.

*

So that’s how my story’s coming along. XD


Aanndd…a friend of mine who wants to become an illustrator is trying her hand at drawing for books for my story. Here is the first illustration that she has completed; and she is currently working on a couple more.


Isn’t it lovely??? :-O <33 Thanks so much E.M.!



How is Camp Nano going for the participants out there? Did you enjoy my snippets? Has Spring reached all you people in the Western Hemisphere yet? XD

Have a lovely Easter\Resurrection Sunday everyone!!! 

Namarie!


Comments

  1. Ohhhhhh the SNIPPETS!!!! "Then I heard the screaming." Okay, that's a HORRIBLE cliffhanger right there, how DARE you not include more...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been told that I am the queen of horrible cliffhangers. XD You're welcome. XP

      Delete
  2. Great snippets!!!

    Also WOW, THAT ART.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the reoccurence of the mermaid mentions! Continuity right there!

    Camp's not going so great with me, but hopefully I'll at least get a little more done this week so I don't completely boink.

    Beautiful pictures! While I'm not overly thrilled about it being spring (I felt robbed of a proper winter), the flowers are stunning this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. XD Thank you!!! I've been enjoying have mermaid references in my story. XD
      Aw, I'm sorry! At least a little is better than nothing; right???
      Thank you!!! Yes; they certainly are!!! (Hehe; I didn't feel that way. We got a lot of snow here. XD Although I know a lot of people didn't get snow. :-Z)

      Delete
  4. Ahhhh, your pictures!! They're so wonderful :) And your friend's picture is especially good.

    You know what else is good? YOUR SNIPPETS :) I already love Elani and Freya :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! And YES. It is amazing! I can't wait to get the other illustrations from her. :-D
      Aw, THANK YOU!!! I love them too. XD

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Stationary Tag

Greetings and Happy Leap Day, my friends!  I got tagged by the lovely Rachel at R's Loft to participate in this stationary tag that was created by Bethany who blogs at Scribbled Fiction ! Many thanks for tagging me, Rachel!!! And many thanks to Bethany for creating this tag. :D There’s little in the world I love more than pens and notebooks…of course, I don’t often actually write in my notebooks but still. They’re amazing. XP 

My Camp Nano Project: Of Seas, Silver, and Shipmates.

Greetings, all!  Since Camp Nano is almost over...HOW IS IT ALREADY ALMOST THE END OF JULY???...ahem, I decided to share a little of what I've been working on this month.  Introducing,  Synopsis Eden Claire is an orphaned serving girl in England. Living her lonely life working in the library of a boarding school, she begins to think that she must always settle for less, and that her dreams of comradeship, adventure, and sailing to unknown lands must slowly dwindle away to nothing. However, when an old forgotten acquaintance shows up on her doorstep with a note left to Eden by her father, those dreams might just become rekindled; dreams that will take Eden to wild escapades on the high seas. Eden must outwit the notorious Damian the Black Hearted and his gang of pirates in her quest for her father’s treasure, but she cannot do it alone-she will need the help of others. Can she learn how important true friendship is, even at the cost of losing the treasure…and

Random Blog Party Pt. 3-Art Competition!!!

Greetings, all! Welcome to part three of the Random Blog Party!!! (Don’t forget to read parts one and two if you haven’t yet!!!) Today we are announcing the Random Blog Party Art Competition!!! Rules: 1.        Draw/paint/sketch/color/carve/sculpt/splatter/or whatever something random from your favorite fandom! 2.        Content must be appropriate for ALL AGES. G for General Audiences. 3.          Post your art on your blog/social media platform and comment with the link on THIS POST by midnight (12:00am) on Wednesday, May 13 th , 2020. 4.        Sadly, there will no actual prize (sorry! we will give out virtual cookies and pizza though) but we will highlight the winners’ artworks on our blog posts! We will be awarding Best Artwork, Most Creative, and Our Personal Favorite. 5.        If you have any questions, feel free to ask! We’re nice people. Hope you artists out there will join our competition!!! Can’t wait to see what you all come