Skip to main content

Wrap Up June\Hello, July!



Greetings, all!
Well, this post in incredibly late. *hides* I meant to post it at the beginning of July, but here we are and it’s the 11th. At least I have a two good excuses for being late; Camp Nano and moving. Yes! We’re officially moving out of our house on Friday. Our new house should be ready to move into at the beginning of August, so until then we’re living with our grandparents. I’m so excited to move! XD



Music

The Sound of Silence covered by Brooklyn Duo
I love the cello part in this song. It’s so amazing. 

The Call by Regina Spektor
This song gives me loads of nostalgia.  

We Stand Together by Sound Adventures
I love how the title fits in with the music of this song. Sound Adventures is a really good Epic Score artist.

Lost Boy by Ruth B
This type of music is not one I generally listen to, but I LOVE Ruth B’s voice.



Movies

Man of Steel

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

 Thor: The Dark World

Solo

Kung Fu Panda 2

Kung Fu Panda 3

The Greatest Showman

Captain America: The First Avenger



Books:

The Door Before by N.D. Wilson

 Tales of Redwall: Outcast of Redwall by Brian Jacques

Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis

 Tales of Redwall: Taggerung by Brian Jacques

WARP: The Reluctant Assassin by Eoin Colfer

Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury



Events:

Homeschool Convention: My brother and I went to the teen program in the homeschool convention for our area for the first time ever. It was a lot of fun; the theme was Become Kingdom Makers, and my favorite sessions were the Music Makers sessions. We studied music and the impact music has upon people. Some of what we learned was quite terrifying. :-Z  

50s Party: Our friends had a 50s party at their house and all of my siblings and I dressed up in 50s-themed clothes. We danced to 50s music and had root beer floats. It was an awesome party. XD

Camo Stripe in Kung Fu: My brother and I are steadily moving up belts in Kung Fu. We are now Camo Red Stripes, and our next belt will put us halfway to a black belt. I have also started teaching some of the younger kid classes after my class, and that has been a lot of fun.

 Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom and Solo in Theater: Yes, I saw two movies in the theater this month. XD I loved both of them! I know Solo got a lot of bashing by the critics, but I thought it was awesome nonetheless. And Fallen Kingdom was AMAZING, and it made both my dad and I jump in one part. Dinosaur movies are some of the best.



Writing:

My writing has been sorely lacking, I’m afraid. Most of June was spent sort-of plotting for my Camp Nano novel, which I will have a post on shortly. I also wrote two poem\songs that I will be sharing as soon as they’re ready to be posted.



One Last Thing:

Two of my best friends (they are sisters) were making me a birthday present that had something to do with my earlier WIP, Mission: Metal. I couldn’t get it until I finished my story, which wasn’t until about a month after my birthday. Then they ordered it, and it just came, and I’m going to show you a picture of it because it is amazing.

Drum Roll Please.

HERE IT IS!!!
 They took all of my cliffhangers and ending lines of chapters from Mission: Metal and put EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. on this mug. It is so amazing to have a mug that has my story on it. I’m seriously fangirling!!! And inside of the mug I found this.

Cause every girl needs a stuffed dragon. XD

Thank you so much, IdahoReader and A.L.K.!!!



Welp, that’s all I have to say. Has anyone else been to a 50s party before? Did anyone see Solo or Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom in the theater? How is Camp Nano going for all the writers out there?



Namarie!!!

Comments

  1. Solooooooo YAS. <3 Argh I loved that movie.

    I've actually been listening to The Call too! It really fits with my WIP (Falling Sun), so that's cool.

    And OH. MY. WORD. THAT CUP IS THE MOST AWESOME THING EVER. *dies*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES SO DID I. <333
      Ooh, cool! I can't wait to hear more about Falling Sun. :-)
      YES ISN'T IT??? *dies with you*

      Delete
  2. I could never see a Jurassic Park/World movie in theaters. I have to watch them when it's light out. But I'm glad you enjoyed it and I can't wait to see it. I did get to see Incredibles 2 the other day and that was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I have a couple people in my family who are the same way. XD It was amazing. Ooh, cool! I hope to see that soon.

      Delete
  3. I'm doing Camp too but I'm hardly writing anything đŸ˜†

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh well! XD It's awesome that you're doing it too.

      Delete
  4. I really like that song that song "The Call" by Regina Spektor. I first heard it when I first watched the second chronicles of Narnia. I got to see Solo on opening night, but I am DYING to see the second Jurassic World. I love the "Mere Christianity" by C.S. Lewis.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, so did I. It's a beautiful song. :-)
      Ooh, cool! I didn't see Solo until after it had been out a few weeks, but I saw JW three nights after opening night. It is soooo cool, you're going to like it.
      It's such a great book! C.S. Lewis is an amazing author.

      Delete
  5. That mug is so awesome!! It must be so amazing to see your words printed on a mug like that... And that dragon is so cute đŸ˜‚

    Andrea @ https://spaceshipsvampiresandsecretagents.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it?!?! Yes, definitely. I know! I love him. His name is Spark. <3

      Delete
  6. Lovely post :) The 50s party sounds amazing!! I hope you had a lot of fun!
    PS Could you check out my blog? I'll be very happy <3
    http://love-english-by-ann.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ann! It was; I had a ton of fun. XD
      Sure will! Thanks for giving me the link. :-D

      Delete
  7. That is possibly one of the coolest gift ideas EVER!!!! So amaze!

    Sounds like you had a super busy month! I hope your move and Camp go well for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW!!! I LOVE IT. <3
      I did, but it was good. Thank you!!! I hope so too. :-)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Stationary Tag

Greetings and Happy Leap Day, my friends!  I got tagged by the lovely Rachel at R's Loft to participate in this stationary tag that was created by Bethany who blogs at Scribbled Fiction ! Many thanks for tagging me, Rachel!!! And many thanks to Bethany for creating this tag. :D There’s little in the world I love more than pens and notebooks…of course, I don’t often actually write in my notebooks but still. They’re amazing. XP 

My Camp Nano Project: Of Seas, Silver, and Shipmates.

Greetings, all!  Since Camp Nano is almost over...HOW IS IT ALREADY ALMOST THE END OF JULY???...ahem, I decided to share a little of what I've been working on this month.  Introducing,  Synopsis Eden Claire is an orphaned serving girl in England. Living her lonely life working in the library of a boarding school, she begins to think that she must always settle for less, and that her dreams of comradeship, adventure, and sailing to unknown lands must slowly dwindle away to nothing. However, when an old forgotten acquaintance shows up on her doorstep with a note left to Eden by her father, those dreams might just become rekindled; dreams that will take Eden to wild escapades on the high seas. Eden must outwit the notorious Damian the Black Hearted and his gang of pirates in her quest for her father’s treasure, but she cannot do it alone-she will need the help of others. Can she learn how important true friendship is, even at the cost of losing the treasure…and

Random Blog Party Pt. 3-Art Competition!!!

Greetings, all! Welcome to part three of the Random Blog Party!!! (Don’t forget to read parts one and two if you haven’t yet!!!) Today we are announcing the Random Blog Party Art Competition!!! Rules: 1.        Draw/paint/sketch/color/carve/sculpt/splatter/or whatever something random from your favorite fandom! 2.        Content must be appropriate for ALL AGES. G for General Audiences. 3.          Post your art on your blog/social media platform and comment with the link on THIS POST by midnight (12:00am) on Wednesday, May 13 th , 2020. 4.        Sadly, there will no actual prize (sorry! we will give out virtual cookies and pizza though) but we will highlight the winners’ artworks on our blog posts! We will be awarding Best Artwork, Most Creative, and Our Personal Favorite. 5.        If you have any questions, feel free to ask! We’re nice people. Hope you artists out there will join our competition!!! Can’t wait to see what you all come