Skip to main content

Wrap Up March\Hello, April!


Greetings, all!

(My apologies that this is so late; we had a little family vacation for a couple of weeks so I wasn’t able to blog during that time.)

How are you all doing? I’m doing okay; I am recovering from a cold, but otherwise doing fine. Things at our house have been a little crazy as we’re trying to get some work done, piles of books everywhere, furniture being moved, and all sorts of electrical work being completed (which involves the electricity being turned off in random times during the day…). I will be glad when it’s all over. :-Z XD

March Music:

Rewrite the Stars from The Greatest Showman
I haven’t seen this movie yet (not sure if I’m allowed to), but the music is AMAZING. This song is one of my favorites from the album.

Burned by Grace Vanderwaal
This song is so pretty with Grace’s beautiful voice and the minor key.

The Emperor’s March
Sometimes you just need a little good old-fashioned Star Wars music. :-P

March Movies:

(there were too many to find pictures for them all)

Parent Trap

LEGO Ninjago Movie

Marvel: Black Panther

Star Wars: The Last Jedi

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey

The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug

The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

Les Misérables

National Treasure 1

March Books:

Tales of Goldstone Wood: Shadow Hand by Anne Elizabeth Stengl

Tales of Goldstone Wood: Golden Daughter by Anne Elizabeth Stengl

Goddess Tithe by Anne Elizabeth Stengl

Draven’s Light by Anne Elizabeth Stengl

Ranger’s Apprentice: Ruins of Gorlan by John Flanagan

Ranger’s Apprentice: The Burning Bridge by John Flanagan

 The Grey King by Susan Cooper

The Strange Case of Doctor Jekyll and Mr. Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson

Night Journeys by Avi

Smuggling Light by Esther Chan

Frankenstein by Mary Sheller 

March Events:

Roadshow Concert: I went to the Roadshow Concert for the first time! It was my second real concert. My favorite group was definitely For King and Country, although I did also enjoy Zach Williams a lot.

New Job: I got my first job last month! I’m a receptionist for my martial arts dojo. It’s been fun learning the behind the desk work and getting to meet new people.

Starting Track: Here we go once again. I don’t enjoy track, but at least I get to see friends several times a week. Long jump is pretty fun as well.

Black Panther in the Theater: I loved this movie! It was my first Marvel movie I’ve ever seen in the theater, and although in order to go I had to pay for both my dad’s ticket and my own, it was still worth it. It’s probably on my top shelf of Marvel movies: the story was so good and the characters were awesome. And the end credits scene people…*freaks out about up-coming Avengers: Infinity War*

Vacation to CA: Yep, I took a trip to California. I hope to have some pictures for a more in-depth blog post later, so for now I will just say that the beach is amazing, sea lions are adorable, underground caves are cool, and we may-or-may-not have seen the blowhole of a whale. :-D

(I think some more things happened too but I’m too tired to remember them all so that’s all I’m going to write. XD)

March Writing:

I wrote 1,780 words last month, and only have about two more chapters left in my WIP, Mission: Metal!!! My goal is to finish it in the month of April and then leave it until Camp Nano in July when I will start rewriting. I’m so excited! I’m also working on a new song that I might post sometime in the near future…;-D



Now that I am finally done, tell me: how was your month of March? Did anyone else see Black Panther? How is your writing going? And has anyone seen a real whale out in the ocean? (The whole of a whale, not just the blowhole like I did?)

Happy April!

Namarie, 

Comments

  1. YES YOU READ TALES OF GOLDSTONE WOOD. <333 Did you like them???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVED THEM ALL!!! They were amazing. <3 She has to write more someday!!! :-(

      Delete
  2. Hi MEM! Miss seeing you in the Fellowship *hugs*

    The Greatest Showman is really clean and has no bad references in it. I hope you get to see it!

    I read The Rangers Apprentice: The Ruins of Gorlan a week ago for the first time, and I loved it! I hope to continue the series if I can find them - my library only has 1, 4, 8, and 12 *growls*

    Haven't seen Black Panther yet, but it's on my to-watch list :).

    OH my gosh, yay! Hope we get snippets!

    Catherine
    catherinesrebellingmuse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Catherine! I miss being there too!!! I hope I get to see it. It looks super fun. :-) I hate when libraries only have some of the series! It was a great book. Yes! You should watch it!!! I loved it. <3 You will!!! ;-D

      Delete
  3. I've just realized how out-of-touch you and I have been! I knew nothing about most of these things (except for the Roadshow concert ;)!

    Ooh, the Imperial March is sooo cool!! We're hoping to watch the older Star Wars movies soon. My mom thinks I'll like them. We're going to watch the oldest ones the way they were released for sure.

    You had an awesome month of reading! *high fives you*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I guess we have been very out of touch. I haven't seen you in a few weeks! :-(
      I know; I love it! Yay!!! I hope you watch them!!! I love all of the Star Wars movies. <333
      *high fives* Thanks! I had a lot of down time in the car. ;-D

      Delete
  4. Black Panther was AWESOME!!!! but I think the Winter Soldier is still my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TWS is definitely on the top of my list. That, Doctor Strange, and Civil War. :-)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Stationary Tag

Greetings and Happy Leap Day, my friends!  I got tagged by the lovely Rachel at R's Loft to participate in this stationary tag that was created by Bethany who blogs at Scribbled Fiction ! Many thanks for tagging me, Rachel!!! And many thanks to Bethany for creating this tag. :D There’s little in the world I love more than pens and notebooks…of course, I don’t often actually write in my notebooks but still. They’re amazing. XP 

Random Blog Party Pt. 3-Art Competition!!!

Greetings, all! Welcome to part three of the Random Blog Party!!! (Don’t forget to read parts one and two if you haven’t yet!!!) Today we are announcing the Random Blog Party Art Competition!!! Rules: 1.        Draw/paint/sketch/color/carve/sculpt/splatter/or whatever something random from your favorite fandom! 2.        Content must be appropriate for ALL AGES. G for General Audiences. 3.          Post your art on your blog/social media platform and comment with the link on THIS POST by midnight (12:00am) on Wednesday, May 13 th , 2020. 4.        Sadly, there will no actual prize (sorry! we will give out virtual cookies and pizza though) but we will highlight the winners’ artworks on our blog posts! We will be awarding Best Artwork, Most Creative, and Our Personal Favorite. 5.        If you have any questions, feel free to ask! We’re nice people. Hope you artists out there will join our competition!!! Can’t wait to see what you all come

My Camp Nano Project: Of Seas, Silver, and Shipmates.

Greetings, all!  Since Camp Nano is almost over...HOW IS IT ALREADY ALMOST THE END OF JULY???...ahem, I decided to share a little of what I've been working on this month.  Introducing,  Synopsis Eden Claire is an orphaned serving girl in England. Living her lonely life working in the library of a boarding school, she begins to think that she must always settle for less, and that her dreams of comradeship, adventure, and sailing to unknown lands must slowly dwindle away to nothing. However, when an old forgotten acquaintance shows up on her doorstep with a note left to Eden by her father, those dreams might just become rekindled; dreams that will take Eden to wild escapades on the high seas. Eden must outwit the notorious Damian the Black Hearted and his gang of pirates in her quest for her father’s treasure, but she cannot do it alone-she will need the help of others. Can she learn how important true friendship is, even at the cost of losing the treasure…and