Today is LoTR day!!! *cue much jumping, screaming, and flailing* To celebrate, I joined Hamlette’s Hobbit party (click link here if you want to find out more) and I am going to answer the questions in her LoTR tag. Enjoy!
1. How long have you been a Tolkien fan?
Ever since I picked up The Hobbit at age seven and read that classic line, “In a hole in the ground there lived a Hobbit.”
2. Has your love of Middle-earth affected your life?
Most definitely. I have learned some things about life-as well as writing tips and character development-by reading LoTR and The Hobbit. Every time I pick up a Middle Earth novel or companion book, I find more gems of wisdom just waiting to be discovered. (Not to mention I joined a fandom. That always affects my life. ;-D)
3. If you had to take the One Ring to Mordor, which character would you choose for your sole companion?
Oooh, that’s a hard one. Sam was an amazing companion for Frodo, but I think I would probably have…Aragorn? Or Gandalf.
Although…Legolas would be an excellent companion as well… ;-D
4. Which is scarier, Shelob or the Balrog?
The Balrog. Guys, he’s an incredibly powerful demon!!! Shelob is only a giant spider. ;-D
5. Which two towers do you think Tolkien was referring to in the title The Two Towers? (i.e. Orthanc, Cirith Ungol, Minas Morgul, or Minas Tirith)
That’s a good question. I personally think it was Barad-dûr and Orthanc, although excellent arguments have been made in favor Minas Morgul and Minas Tirith.
6. Whose wardrobe would you like to have?
Tauriel’s. Without a doubt.
Guys, it’s so perfect. Feminine, pretty; but you can totally fight in it. :-D
7. What do you think an Ent Draught would taste like?
Hmm…I don’t really know what to compare it to…but I think it would taste both strong and sweet at the same time. Maybe also spicy (not like pepper spicy but spice spicy).
8. Where in Middle-earth would you like to live?
9. Do you have any Tolkien-related opinions that surprise other people?
I like the movies of the Hobbit way better than the book and I think P.J. did an amazing job at connecting The LoTR with The Hobbit. If I have any others…I forgot them. :-Z
10. List up to ten of your favorite lines/quotations from the books or movies.
*cracks knuckles* Okay, here goes!
Soooo…let’s chat! Do you like LoTR and The Hobbit? Have you watched the Hobbit movies and did you like them? Are you doing anything for LoTR day? XD
(Btw, be sure to check back later as Kendra Lynne and I are interviewing each other in an epic LoTR day post!!!)