Skip to main content

2020

Happy New Year, my friends!





Can y’all believe that it’s 2020??? Because I know I can’t.




It was only last year that it was 2014, okay? I’m definitely still an awkward twelve-year-old who doesn’t wear any other color than black and who’s reading LotR for the umpteenth time.

Oh wait, I still am reading LotR for the umpteenth time.

Never mind.

At least I’ve graduated to wearing some grays and blues now. XP



As I thought over what I did this past year, it surprised me how little I actually did. X”D It felt like so much. Here’s a rough outline of some of the highlights of my 2019.



Trips Taken 2019: 7

·         Winter Carnival (January)

·         Oregon Coast (June)

·         OYAN Summer Workshop in Kansas (June)

·         Mountain Camping Trip (July)

·         Church Family Camp (August)

·         Yellowstone (September)

·         Shepherd’s Conference in Colorado (November)



Books Read in 2019: 81 (not counting children’s books or books I beta read for friends)

·         First Book Read in 2019: Blank Mastermind by Rosey Mucklestone

·         Last Book Read in 2019: Sherlock Holmes and the Needle’s Eye by Len Bailey



Movies Seen in the Theater in 2019: 6  

·         Captain Marvel

·         Avengers: Endgame

·         Spider-Man: Far from Home

·         Overcomer

·         Frozen 2

·         Star Wars: Rise of Skywalker



Music Listened to in 2019: 






Words Written in my WIPs in 2019: 55,039



WIPs and SS Written in 2019: 5

·         Of Seas, Silver, and Shipmates (Novel-Draft 3 finished)

·         The Ship’s Log (Novel-unfinished)

·         Free Hugs (SS-Draft 1 finished)

·         Zac’s Story (SS-Draft 1 finished)

·         Naughty List (SS-unfinished)



Other Big Events of 2019:

·         I earned my purple and blue belts in Kung Fu.

·         I ended my junior school year in May and started my senior school year in October.

·         I participated in the April and July Camp Nanos, won those, and then tried joining November’s Nano, but didn’t win that (actually didn’t even come remotely close, rip).

·         I got my first iPhone.

·         I got my driver’s permit.



2019 was an amazing year, tbh. There was pain, joy, tears, laughter, work, fun, growth, and discovery.
Growing up is scary, man. But it’s worth it in the end.   
Let’s have a toast to 2020, yeah? May there be much joy and growth this year. 

To 2020! 

Namarie,  



Comments

  1. Aggghhhh I can't believe it's 2020!!! How crazy can this world get. XP

    Wow, NF was one of your top listened to artists?? I never thought I'd see the day. :D :D

    I got my driving leaners permit too! I'm currently doing DriversEd online. It's uphill work. XD

    I've seen you wear colors other than black, gray, and blue. Granted, it is extremely rare. ;)

    Free Hugs?? I've gotta read that. If it's what it sounds like. XD

    Sounds like you had a good, full year! It's been a privilege being your friend in 2019, and it will be an honor to continue to be so in 2020. :) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SERIOUSLY!!! X'D X'D
      Yep!!! XP Ikr???
      AHHH CONGRATS ON GETTING YOUR PERMIT!!!
      It is, it is. -nods- X'D
      XD I keep meaning to send it to you!!! XP
      I did!!! Ahh, I feel the same. <333

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you had an awesome 2019, MEM. :)
    I hope you have a happy 2020!
    -Quinley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did!!! :D
      Thank you so much!!! I hope you do too. :) <33

      Delete
  3. It's crazy that it's 2020, whoa!
    And your driver's permit!! That's so exciting, how are you enjoying it???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ikr??? :-O XD
      Yesss I am!!! It's a little scary, but fun. X'D

      Delete
  4. Wow! What a year it has been! I feel like 2019 flew by really fast! Sounds like you had a busy year! 81 book is quit an achievement and getting a driver's license! Yea! for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES it really did!!! Yeah, I did. X'D Ah thank you so much!!! :D

      Delete
  5. "Growing up is scary, man." I relate.
    Reading LOTR for the umpteenth time? Like that's something you're ever going to grow out of? I will keep reading those books until I die. ;)
    (This blog is great and I keep forgetting about it because it doesn't show up in my Wordpress reader. That shows how lazy I am. ;) )

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Stationary Tag

Greetings and Happy Leap Day, my friends!  I got tagged by the lovely Rachel at R's Loft to participate in this stationary tag that was created by Bethany who blogs at Scribbled Fiction ! Many thanks for tagging me, Rachel!!! And many thanks to Bethany for creating this tag. :D There’s little in the world I love more than pens and notebooks…of course, I don’t often actually write in my notebooks but still. They’re amazing. XP 

Random Blog Party Pt. 3-Art Competition!!!

Greetings, all! Welcome to part three of the Random Blog Party!!! (Don’t forget to read parts one and two if you haven’t yet!!!) Today we are announcing the Random Blog Party Art Competition!!! Rules: 1.        Draw/paint/sketch/color/carve/sculpt/splatter/or whatever something random from your favorite fandom! 2.        Content must be appropriate for ALL AGES. G for General Audiences. 3.          Post your art on your blog/social media platform and comment with the link on THIS POST by midnight (12:00am) on Wednesday, May 13 th , 2020. 4.        Sadly, there will no actual prize (sorry! we will give out virtual cookies and pizza though) but we will highlight the winners’ artworks on our blog posts! We will be awarding Best Artwork, Most Creative, and Our Personal Favorite. 5.        If you have any questions, feel free to ask! We’re nice people. Hope you artists out there will join our competition!!! Can’t wait to see what you all come

My Camp Nano Project: Of Seas, Silver, and Shipmates.

Greetings, all!  Since Camp Nano is almost over...HOW IS IT ALREADY ALMOST THE END OF JULY???...ahem, I decided to share a little of what I've been working on this month.  Introducing,  Synopsis Eden Claire is an orphaned serving girl in England. Living her lonely life working in the library of a boarding school, she begins to think that she must always settle for less, and that her dreams of comradeship, adventure, and sailing to unknown lands must slowly dwindle away to nothing. However, when an old forgotten acquaintance shows up on her doorstep with a note left to Eden by her father, those dreams might just become rekindled; dreams that will take Eden to wild escapades on the high seas. Eden must outwit the notorious Damian the Black Hearted and his gang of pirates in her quest for her father’s treasure, but she cannot do it alone-she will need the help of others. Can she learn how important true friendship is, even at the cost of losing the treasure…and