Skip to main content

It's Christmas Time Again: Movies


Greetings, all!





Welp I did the Music of Christmas post last week, so now it’s time for the Movies of Christmas post! I’m excited to be sharing some of my favorite Christmas movies with y’all today. X’D

If you’re anything like my family, you definitely don’t watch Christmas movies occasionally other times in the year. Absolutely not. Never.



Haha.

Nope we definitely didn’t watch Polar Express in August. X’D



Anyway.





It’s a Wonderful Life (1946)
One of my absolute favorite movies EVER. I LOVE the story, the characters, the lines, the EVERYTHING. If you haven’t watched this movie yet you definitely should. There are some thematic elements in it, but other than that it’s a great clean movie. A holiday must-see.



The Star (2017) 
A family favorite. This is a sweet, fun take on the Nativity story with some good laughs and a great cast. It tells the story of Jesus’ birth through the eyes of the animals in the Christmas story, and my family enjoys watching it tremendously.



Elf (2003) 
Okay, for real though who doesn’t love this movie. X’D It’s absolutely hilarious, with some epic lines and a great soundtrack. There are a few hiccups; mostly rude humor and mild language, but it is pretty funny. Another family favorite.



Saving Christmas (2014) 
This is a super cool movie. It’s part documentary, part story, and it features Kirk Cameron, who is showing his brother-in-law all the different ways that each Christmas tradition points to Jesus. We love watching it, and it brings up some cool points about the Nativity story that I’d never thought of before. I highly recommend it.



The Grinch (2018) 
I absolutely LOVE this new animated version of the classic Dr. Suess story. The music is great and the story is so well done!!! Plus, it doesn’t hurt that Benedict Cumberbatch plays the voice of the Grinch…;-D

                                                                                                                                     

Aannd that’s all we have time for today, chaps!



Now tell me-what’re some of your favorite Christmas movies? Do you like any of the ones I shared? And GUYS IT’S ONLY A WEEK AND A HALF UNTIL CHRISMAS AHHHHHHH!!!



Keep an eye out for next week’s post, Christmas Stories!!!

Until then, Namarie!!!


Comments

  1. Only a week and a half. *melts* AHHH, CHRISTMAS.
    I love Elf. And I also like Home Alone, The Man Who Invented Christmas, and Die Hard (yes, my sister and I convince everyone it's a Christmas movie).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! NOW ONLY A FEW DAYS AHHH!!! X'D
      Oooooh, yes the Man Who Invented Christmas!!! I can't wait to see that movie-I've heard amazing things about it. :-)
      (OMW. X'D)

      Delete
    2. Oh, I love that movie partly because I love Charles Dickens, so the fact that they made a movie about him was so awesome! (Personally I would love to see a whole film series talking about how he wrote everyone of his novels and novellas), but anyway that is such a GOOD movie. :D Also, it really showed the traditions of the Victorian times, and how Charles Dickens had huge a impact on them. :)

      Also, Happy Holidays MEM and McKayla. :D
      -Quinley

      Delete
    3. I just watched it!!! It was an amazing movie. <33 Happy Holidays to you too, Quinley!!! <33

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Stationary Tag

Greetings and Happy Leap Day, my friends!  I got tagged by the lovely Rachel at R's Loft to participate in this stationary tag that was created by Bethany who blogs at Scribbled Fiction ! Many thanks for tagging me, Rachel!!! And many thanks to Bethany for creating this tag. :D There’s little in the world I love more than pens and notebooks…of course, I don’t often actually write in my notebooks but still. They’re amazing. XP 

My Camp Nano Project: Of Seas, Silver, and Shipmates.

Greetings, all!  Since Camp Nano is almost over...HOW IS IT ALREADY ALMOST THE END OF JULY???...ahem, I decided to share a little of what I've been working on this month.  Introducing,  Synopsis Eden Claire is an orphaned serving girl in England. Living her lonely life working in the library of a boarding school, she begins to think that she must always settle for less, and that her dreams of comradeship, adventure, and sailing to unknown lands must slowly dwindle away to nothing. However, when an old forgotten acquaintance shows up on her doorstep with a note left to Eden by her father, those dreams might just become rekindled; dreams that will take Eden to wild escapades on the high seas. Eden must outwit the notorious Damian the Black Hearted and his gang of pirates in her quest for her father’s treasure, but she cannot do it alone-she will need the help of others. Can she learn how important true friendship is, even at the cost of losing the treasure…and

Random Blog Party Pt. 3-Art Competition!!!

Greetings, all! Welcome to part three of the Random Blog Party!!! (Don’t forget to read parts one and two if you haven’t yet!!!) Today we are announcing the Random Blog Party Art Competition!!! Rules: 1.        Draw/paint/sketch/color/carve/sculpt/splatter/or whatever something random from your favorite fandom! 2.        Content must be appropriate for ALL AGES. G for General Audiences. 3.          Post your art on your blog/social media platform and comment with the link on THIS POST by midnight (12:00am) on Wednesday, May 13 th , 2020. 4.        Sadly, there will no actual prize (sorry! we will give out virtual cookies and pizza though) but we will highlight the winners’ artworks on our blog posts! We will be awarding Best Artwork, Most Creative, and Our Personal Favorite. 5.        If you have any questions, feel free to ask! We’re nice people. Hope you artists out there will join our competition!!! Can’t wait to see what you all come