I hope you’re all having a lovely weekend! It’s super cold, snowy, and icy here; but other than that, everything’s great where I live. XD
I was tagged by the wonderful Kendra Lynne to participate in this Forging a Fellowship out of Book Characters tag! I am very excited about this tag; as it combines two of my favorite things-fictional characters and LotR.
Seriously; how could this get any better??? :-D
Here be The Rules (darn it; my last couple of tags had no rules):
- Include the tag banner in your post. (Okie-day.)
- Link back to the creator of the tag. (http://litaflame.blog/)
- Thank and link back to the person who tagged you. (Thanks again, Kendra!)
- Forge your Fellowship out of BOOK CHARACTERS by answering the given questions!
- Tag three bloggers to pass the Ring to. (ONLY THREE???)
And here be The Questions!
1. [The Ringbearer]: If you could choose, which of the four races would you be: Elf, Dwarf, Human, or Hobbit?
Definitely an Elf. They’re awesome and immortal, plus they have great clothes and awesome weapons. (I’d love to be a Wizard too-but they’re not on the list. XD)
2. [Gandalf the Grey]: A wise/powerful elder/mentor character:
Halt from The Ranger’s Apprentice series by John Flanagan. He’s a great mentor; and probably my favorite character from the entire RA series.
3. [Aragorn]: A character with great survival skills.
Katniss Everdeen from the Hunger Games by Susan Collins. She survived the Hunger Games, people. I think that makes you a great survivor. XD
4. [Boromir]: A character who makes mistakes but has a good heart.
Think I’m going to say Wolfgang Dankworth from Blank Mastermind by Rosey Mucklestone for this one. I can’t say why though; ‘cause spoilers. ;-D
5. [Gimli]: A stubborn character.
(couldn't find a picture of him-sorry)
Nolan from The Ashtown Burials series by N.D. Wilson. I love Nolan, even though he’s a pill.
6. [Legolas]: A character who is talented.
SHERLOCK HOLMES. <3
7. [Peregrin Took]: A character who at first seems useless but ends up surprising you.
PIPPIN IS NOT USELESS!!! *is deeply offended*
Um…I guess maybe…erm…well, the only character that I can think of that seemed useless but surprised me is Richard from the 100 Cupboards series by N.D. Wilson. But I don’t really want him to be in my fellowship…so how about Doctor Livesey from Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson. We’ll have him. *nods* I like him.
8. [Meriadoc Brandybuck]: A character who is small/not very strong but has great courage.
Holly Short from the Artemis Fowl series. Since she’s an Elf she’s not very big; but she doesn’t lack in guts. (Also; I couldn't find any pictures of her from the new movie coming out. Not sure if I like this one but it was better than some of the other fanart of her.)
9. [Samwise Gamgee]: A character who is extremely loyal and who doesn’t give up.
Reepicheep from the Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis. I could have used him for the previous question, but I thought of Holly first. Honestly, either of those characters could work for either question. XD
Well, I’m going to have a very interesting fellowship when I start on my adventure. XD
Now I get to tag three ringbearers!!!
(I don’t think any of you have been tagged for this tag yet. XD)
Here are the questions!
#1 [The Ringbearer]: If you could choose, which of the four races would you be: Elf, Dwarf, Human, or Hobbit?
#2 [Gandalf the Grey]: A wise/powerful elder/mentor character:
#3 [Aragorn]: A character with great survival skills.
#4 [Boromir]: A character who makes mistakes but has a good heart.
#5 [Gimli]: A stubborn character.
#6 [Legolas]: A character who is talented.
#7 [Peregrin Took]: A character who at first seems useless but ends up surprising you.
#8 [Meriadoc Brandybuck]: A character who is small/not very strong but has great courage.
#9 [Samwise Gamgee]: A character who is extremely loyal and who doesn’t give up.
Your turn to talk! What character would you pick to be a mentor character in your fellowship? Has anyone read any of N.D. Wilson’s amazing fantasy series? And does anyone agree with me that Pippin is not useless???
P.S. Feel free to steal this tag if you want to! I decided to abide by the rules this time and only tag three people; but if you want to steal it you can just claim that I tagged you too. XP