Skip to main content

It's Christmas Time Again-Christmas Movies


Greetings, all!

Here is the last installment in my Christmas post series: Christmas Movies!

Christmas movies are among some of the most nostalgic and sweetest movies ever made. In our family we have a set ten or so movies that we start watching the day after Thanksgiving. Here are a few of our favorites.



Elf (2003)


A rollicking tale filled with laughter, syrup, Elves, family, and singing loud for all to hear. Buddy the Elf goes to New York city to find his father, and discovers that not all people share his optimistic view on life. PG

It’s a Wonderful Life (1946)


My personal favorite Christmas movie. <333 George Bailey is given a chance to see what the world would be like if he had never been born. PG 

The Ultimate Gift (2006) 


OH MY WORD I’m pretty sure this movie will make most people cry (it didn’t make me cry but then I don’t cry in movies XD). Jason is given a mysterious inheritance by his deceased grandfather. PG

The Star (2017)


An adorable retelling of the Nativity story from the perspective of Mary’s donkey, Boaz. PG

White Christmas (1953)


My mom’s favorite. XD A classic 50s musical with dance choreography, classic songs, and AMAZING dresses. G (though I would rate it PG)

Miracle on 34th Street (1994)


Kris Kringle has to prove his identity in court…and to a little girl. PG

 The Nativity Story (2006)


An amazing take on the wonderful tale of Jesus’ birth. (And GUYS it stars Oscar Isaac!!! (Poe Dameron in Star Wars: The Force Awakens XD). PG
Pete's Christmas (2013)
I honestly can't tell you too much about this movie because it will spoil the whole story. XD I will just tell you this much; Pete's a middle child, and he has the worst Christmas in his life-until his grandfather gifts him a mysterious box, and things are never quite the same...


What are some of your favorite Christmas movies? Have you seen any one the ones I mentioned? AND GUYS IT’S ONLY THREE DAYS TIL CHRISTMAS!!!



Namarie, and Merry Christmas!

Comments

  1. YES ELF IS THE MOST AMAZING CHRISTMAS MOVIE EVER! Although I haven’t watched it this year - my family watched it so many times last year that I can still quote over half the movie.....XD

    Some of my other favorites are Home Alone (although I didn’t enjoy it as much this year) and Christmas Vacation (besides the content . . .-_-)

    Great post, and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My parents love Christmas Vacation. Once when I was little they tried to watch it with me BUT... that didn't work out. XP

      Delete
    2. Elf is pretty hilarious. XD That's awesome! My family can quote quite a bit of it too. XD
      Ooh, I've heard of both of those! :-D Haven't seen them yet, though.
      Thank you Nicole! Merry Christmas to you too!

      Delete
  2. Both "It's a Wonderful Life" and "The Nativity Story" are my family's favorites!! I absolutely love them both! :) (I agree, Oscar Isaac does a GREAT job as Joseph! It made me respect his acting skills much more than Star Wars did, actually!)
    I just watched "Miracle on 34th Street" for the first time this winter! It was pretty cute; I loved the little girl. She was so sweet! :D
    Also, I love the K2-SO picture at the top of your blog...it's wonderful!!! XD
    Merry Christmas!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES for both of them!!! (Doesn't he??? :-D)
      I know!!! <333 I like that one a lot.
      XD Haha, thanks!!!
      Merry Christmas to you as well, Anna!

      Delete
  3. I've only seen "It's a Wonderful Life" from the list of movies you mentioned.
    As for my favorite Christmas movies I love, Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, Santa Claus is Coming to Town, The Man Who Invented Christmas, A Christmas Carol, and many more.
    -Quinley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that one. <333
      I want to see the Man Who Invented Christmas!!! It sounds good. :-D

      Delete
  4. THAT'S who plays Joseph! I've never seen The Force Awakens but I have seen the cast list. Our family LOVES the Nativity Story. We watch it every Christmas Day.

    And Elf! We love that movie too, its hilarious. Have you ever seen the Santa Clause movies? Those are movies from my childhood for sure. They're pretty fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! XD We love it too.
      YES!!! XD I have! Those are good too. :-D

      Delete
  5. Another movie my mom and I love is The Christmas Card. Its a Hallmark movie and kind of cheesy/unrealistic at parts, but its such a sweet romance and cozy, Christmas-y movie. :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Stationary Tag

Greetings and Happy Leap Day, my friends!  I got tagged by the lovely Rachel at R's Loft to participate in this stationary tag that was created by Bethany who blogs at Scribbled Fiction ! Many thanks for tagging me, Rachel!!! And many thanks to Bethany for creating this tag. :D There’s little in the world I love more than pens and notebooks…of course, I don’t often actually write in my notebooks but still. They’re amazing. XP 

My Camp Nano Project: Of Seas, Silver, and Shipmates.

Greetings, all!  Since Camp Nano is almost over...HOW IS IT ALREADY ALMOST THE END OF JULY???...ahem, I decided to share a little of what I've been working on this month.  Introducing,  Synopsis Eden Claire is an orphaned serving girl in England. Living her lonely life working in the library of a boarding school, she begins to think that she must always settle for less, and that her dreams of comradeship, adventure, and sailing to unknown lands must slowly dwindle away to nothing. However, when an old forgotten acquaintance shows up on her doorstep with a note left to Eden by her father, those dreams might just become rekindled; dreams that will take Eden to wild escapades on the high seas. Eden must outwit the notorious Damian the Black Hearted and his gang of pirates in her quest for her father’s treasure, but she cannot do it alone-she will need the help of others. Can she learn how important true friendship is, even at the cost of losing the treasure…and

Random Blog Party Pt. 3-Art Competition!!!

Greetings, all! Welcome to part three of the Random Blog Party!!! (Don’t forget to read parts one and two if you haven’t yet!!!) Today we are announcing the Random Blog Party Art Competition!!! Rules: 1.        Draw/paint/sketch/color/carve/sculpt/splatter/or whatever something random from your favorite fandom! 2.        Content must be appropriate for ALL AGES. G for General Audiences. 3.          Post your art on your blog/social media platform and comment with the link on THIS POST by midnight (12:00am) on Wednesday, May 13 th , 2020. 4.        Sadly, there will no actual prize (sorry! we will give out virtual cookies and pizza though) but we will highlight the winners’ artworks on our blog posts! We will be awarding Best Artwork, Most Creative, and Our Personal Favorite. 5.        If you have any questions, feel free to ask! We’re nice people. Hope you artists out there will join our competition!!! Can’t wait to see what you all come