Skip to main content

2018 Tolkien Party Tag!!!



Greetings, all!
Saturday, September 22nd was an important day for members of the Lord of the Rings fandom, being Bilbo Baggins and his nephew Frodo Baggin’s birthday. Many Happy Returns to them!!!

*confetti horns blow and cake is passed around*

(Shh, I know they’re fictional characters. It’s still awesome to celebrate their birthdays. XD)

In honor of this special holiday, I am participating in Hamlette's Annual Tolkien Blog Party!!! Many thanks to Hamlette for hosting this fun celebration and for creating the 2018 Tolkien Party Tag.

Shall we begin? :-D



1.  What's your favorite Middle-earth story/book?

I love The Hobbit best, I think; but the Tale of Beren and Lúthien is also near and dear to me. <3 

2.  Do you have a favorite subplot?

Legolas and Gimli’s bromance. XD I also love Gimli and Galadriel’s friendship as well, and (even though it’s sad) Faramir, Boromir, and Denethor’s story. :’-( 

See the source image
See the source image


3.  What's your favorite theme in Tolkien's books?  (Can be in one specific story, or overall.)

My favourite theme in the Lord of the Rings is the theme that it does not take great power to win your battles, but simple courage, faith, and love. :-)

4.  Do you have a favorite weapon from Middle-earth?

YES. I love Tauriel’s knives. They are so elegant and sharp and shiny. <333 


5.  Would you like to be a hobbit?

Not particularly. I don’t much enjoy gardening or going barefoot. I do like hobbit-holes though. :-D 





6.  Do you have a favorite romance/couple?

Weeeell…yeah…Tauriel and Kili…*coughs* <\3



7.  What's your favorite Middle-earth creature?  (Can be "real" or "imaginary.")

But aren’t they all real…ahem…I mean imaginary? I like Elves best and Dwarves second best. And Wizards third best.

8.  What character do you look the most like?

I’ve been told by several different people that I look like Tauriel. 



I don’t really see a resemblance, but I'm cool with that. XD

9.  Are there any books about Middle-earth or Professor Tolkien (but not written by him) you recommend?

The Gospel According to Tolkien by Ralph C. Wood and Master of Middle Earth by Paul H. Kocher are two that I enjoyed very much. :-)

10.  List up to ten of your favorite lines/quotations from the Middle-earth books and/or movies.

Only ten????? 











This tag was so much fun to do!!! I hope you all had fun reading it. Go and check out Hamlette's Annual Tolkien Blog Party if you would like to do it yourself! It’s a ton of fun. ;-D



Your turn to talk! What is your favourite theme from LotR? Is there a character that you resemble? Who is your favourite couple?

Happy Tolkien Day!!! 
See the source image

Namarie!

Comments

  1. Yes, Tauriel and Kili........ <3 <3

    Great post! Middle-Earth is great, isn’t it? I wish I resembled a character....but unfortunately, there aren’t that many people in ANY book or movie who look like me....oh well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES!!! <333
      Thanks! It is!!! <3 I have a very similar problem. At least we can write characters that look like us. XD

      Delete
  2. Oooh! Loved your answers! I especially love the "good morning" quote xD I keep telling myself to memorize it so I can say it to people whenever they say "Good morning" :P

    ~Ceci

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ceci! XD I know; it's great! Funny, I've wanted to do the same thing! XD

      Delete
    2. Remind me not to tell you good morning, Ceci.... :P

      Delete
  3. Happy Tolkien day, MEM! :) And actually you do look a little bit like Tauriel, facially.
    -Quinley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Tolkien Day to you too, Quinley! <3 Thanks! :-D

      Delete
  4. I love all your answers. I'm glad I'm not alone in liking Tauriel, because sometimes it feels that way. I too love Legolas and Gimli. They are the best. And I have too many favorite quotes to list here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are not alone, Rachael!! :)

      Delete
    2. It does sometimes feel that way. I know a couple of people who like her though now, so we are not alone! XD Yes! They are awesome. <333 Haha, I felt the same way when I wrote the post. XD

      Delete
  5. Tauriel and Kili are so great together. <3 Those quotes are all so great. That GIF at the end with Legolas shield-surfing is awesome!! Happy belated Hobbit Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! <\3 Yes! I purposefully looked up that gif so I could use it. XD Happy belated Hobbit Day to you too! :-D

      Delete
  6. Tauriel's knives are groovy, to say the least.

    I have a copy of Master of Middle-earth! I haven't read it yet, tho.

    Thanks for joining the party, MEM! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. XD

      It's good! I really enjoyed it. It's a pretty easy read. :-D

      No problem! Thank you so much for hosting it!!! XD

      Delete
  7. OH! GOSH! THE SHIELD SURFING GIF! I LOVE IT! Great answers, Middle Earth Musician!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Stationary Tag

Greetings and Happy Leap Day, my friends!  I got tagged by the lovely Rachel at R's Loft to participate in this stationary tag that was created by Bethany who blogs at Scribbled Fiction ! Many thanks for tagging me, Rachel!!! And many thanks to Bethany for creating this tag. :D There’s little in the world I love more than pens and notebooks…of course, I don’t often actually write in my notebooks but still. They’re amazing. XP 

My Camp Nano Project: Of Seas, Silver, and Shipmates.

Greetings, all!  Since Camp Nano is almost over...HOW IS IT ALREADY ALMOST THE END OF JULY???...ahem, I decided to share a little of what I've been working on this month.  Introducing,  Synopsis Eden Claire is an orphaned serving girl in England. Living her lonely life working in the library of a boarding school, she begins to think that she must always settle for less, and that her dreams of comradeship, adventure, and sailing to unknown lands must slowly dwindle away to nothing. However, when an old forgotten acquaintance shows up on her doorstep with a note left to Eden by her father, those dreams might just become rekindled; dreams that will take Eden to wild escapades on the high seas. Eden must outwit the notorious Damian the Black Hearted and his gang of pirates in her quest for her father’s treasure, but she cannot do it alone-she will need the help of others. Can she learn how important true friendship is, even at the cost of losing the treasure…and

Random Blog Party Pt. 3-Art Competition!!!

Greetings, all! Welcome to part three of the Random Blog Party!!! (Don’t forget to read parts one and two if you haven’t yet!!!) Today we are announcing the Random Blog Party Art Competition!!! Rules: 1.        Draw/paint/sketch/color/carve/sculpt/splatter/or whatever something random from your favorite fandom! 2.        Content must be appropriate for ALL AGES. G for General Audiences. 3.          Post your art on your blog/social media platform and comment with the link on THIS POST by midnight (12:00am) on Wednesday, May 13 th , 2020. 4.        Sadly, there will no actual prize (sorry! we will give out virtual cookies and pizza though) but we will highlight the winners’ artworks on our blog posts! We will be awarding Best Artwork, Most Creative, and Our Personal Favorite. 5.        If you have any questions, feel free to ask! We’re nice people. Hope you artists out there will join our competition!!! Can’t wait to see what you all come