Skip to main content

Wrapping Up September and October, Welcoming November!


Greetings, all!



Since I didn’t do a wrap up post at the end of September because I completely forgot for very good reasons; I shall now proceed to recap two months in the normal blog post length of one month.



Wish me luck.




Music Favorites of September and October



Lost in The Moment by NF and Andreas Moss
 This is one of my favorite NF songs. I like the rap mixed with the chorus, and NF’s voice goes really well with Andreas Moss’s.



The Lament of Eustace Scrubb by The Oh Hellos 
Ahh, The Oh Hellos have such a cool sound; and the fact that this song is about one of my favorite Narnia characters makes it even better. <33



Someone You Loved covered by The Piano Guys 
THIS SONG. IS. AMAZING. Need I say more???


Saturn by Sleeping at Last 
This song is so amazingly beautiful. If there was a song that would almost make me cry, it would be this one.



King and Lionheart by Of Monsters and Men 
This song gives me serious Hobbit vibes, Idk why. X’D A good song by a cool band.



Only One by NF 
One of my favorite love songs. <33



The Way by Tunes of Fantasy 
 An AMAZING solo piano epic score song. <33



Movies Watched in September and October



Aladdin (2019)

Tolkien

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey

The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug

The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring

The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King

Anne of Green Gables: The Continuing Story

The Lion King (2019)

Overcomer

Pilgrim’s Progress (2019)



Books Read in September and October


Farenheight 451-Ray Bradbury

Steampunk Poe-Edgar Allen Poe

Dragon Keeper-Carole Wilkinson

Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children-Ransom Riggs

Brotherband: The Caldera-John Flanagan

The Royal Ranger: Duel at Araluen-John Flanagan

Cinder-Marissa Myer

Keeper of the Lost Cities-Shannon Messenger

The Ranger’s Apprentice: Halt’s Peril-John Flanagan

The Princess Bride-William Goldman

The Book of Revelation Made Easy-Kenneth Gentry

Keeper of the Lost Cities: Exile-Shannon Messenger

Scarlet-Marissa Myer

All Quiet on the Western Front-Erich Maria Remarque

Mycroft and Sherlock-Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and Anna Waterhouse

Keeper of the Lost Cities: Everblaze-Shannon Messenger

Mycroft and Sherlock: The Empty Birdcage-Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and Anna Waterhouse

Mycroft Holmes-Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and Anna Waterhouse

War Horse-Michael Morpurgo



Events of September and October

Yellowstone Trip-We went to Yellowstone at the beginning of September! We met up with some family there and had a fun time driving and hiking around the park, watching geysers, eating camping food, and trying to spot a bear (we didn’t see any in the wild, but we did see a lot of bison!).  





Started Senior Year-Yep. I’m a senior this year. It’s /terrifying/ and /crazy/ but also kinda fun? X’D I have a lot of schoolwork but it’s all good. XP 


Annd that’s a wrap! I was going to include some things related to my Nano project but…since I’m not planning on actually hitting 50k…I may or may not have a very low word count…so I’ll wait to post about it until I actually have something to post about. X’D



How was your past few months? Did you listen to any good songs? Read any good books? How is Nano going for all the writerly chaps out there?



Namarie!


Comments

  1. It sounds like you had a great month! :) I found some new singers recently Merrigan and Malukah both I found through the songs from a video game called the Witcher (which I do not play but LOVE the music from.) And, NaNoWrimo is going well for me I'm 74% done with my goal, so that is good. :) How is yours going? Also, I recently have done some acting things recently as well as writing things.
    Good luck with NaNoWrimo,
    -Quinley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pictures are BEAUTIFUL!! And I love your music taste as well.
    And it looks like you had a Tolkien marathon, fun! ;P
    I hope you have a lovely time this month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. I am so inspired by you and how many books you were able to read in just two months! #readergoals That's amazing. Also, already love your blog after reading for just about 10 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so envious of your Tolkien marathon... I fully intend to have one with my future husband someday, whether he's seen them before or not. ;)

    I love your pictures from Yellowstone! Wow, that's a large amount of books. :o

    Sorry I hadn't already commented on this post! I'm rather late.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Stationary Tag

Greetings and Happy Leap Day, my friends!  I got tagged by the lovely Rachel at R's Loft to participate in this stationary tag that was created by Bethany who blogs at Scribbled Fiction ! Many thanks for tagging me, Rachel!!! And many thanks to Bethany for creating this tag. :D There’s little in the world I love more than pens and notebooks…of course, I don’t often actually write in my notebooks but still. They’re amazing. XP 

Random Blog Party Pt. 3-Art Competition!!!

Greetings, all! Welcome to part three of the Random Blog Party!!! (Don’t forget to read parts one and two if you haven’t yet!!!) Today we are announcing the Random Blog Party Art Competition!!! Rules: 1.        Draw/paint/sketch/color/carve/sculpt/splatter/or whatever something random from your favorite fandom! 2.        Content must be appropriate for ALL AGES. G for General Audiences. 3.          Post your art on your blog/social media platform and comment with the link on THIS POST by midnight (12:00am) on Wednesday, May 13 th , 2020. 4.        Sadly, there will no actual prize (sorry! we will give out virtual cookies and pizza though) but we will highlight the winners’ artworks on our blog posts! We will be awarding Best Artwork, Most Creative, and Our Personal Favorite. 5.        If you have any questions, feel free to ask! We’re nice people. Hope you artists out there will join our competition!!! Can’t wait to see what you all come

My Camp Nano Project: Of Seas, Silver, and Shipmates.

Greetings, all!  Since Camp Nano is almost over...HOW IS IT ALREADY ALMOST THE END OF JULY???...ahem, I decided to share a little of what I've been working on this month.  Introducing,  Synopsis Eden Claire is an orphaned serving girl in England. Living her lonely life working in the library of a boarding school, she begins to think that she must always settle for less, and that her dreams of comradeship, adventure, and sailing to unknown lands must slowly dwindle away to nothing. However, when an old forgotten acquaintance shows up on her doorstep with a note left to Eden by her father, those dreams might just become rekindled; dreams that will take Eden to wild escapades on the high seas. Eden must outwit the notorious Damian the Black Hearted and his gang of pirates in her quest for her father’s treasure, but she cannot do it alone-she will need the help of others. Can she learn how important true friendship is, even at the cost of losing the treasure…and