Skip to main content

2019 A Tolkien Bog Party

Greetings, all!





The lovely Hamlette is hosting her annual Tolkien Blog Party again in celebration of Bilbo and Frodo Baggins’ birthday (which was Sunday, September 22nd, in case y’all didn’t know that XP)!!!

This year’s blog tag for the party is a Would You Rather game, which is awesome. :-D
So with no further ado, here is the tag.

(because we all need to see the Mouth of Sauron's head chopped off every once in a while.
it's very satisfying. XD) 

Would You Rather...

1.  ...join Thorin's Company or the Fellowship?



Ooooof, THAT’S a hard question. They’re both amazing. X’D
So when I was first thinking about this question my immediate answer was the Fellowship; but now that I’ve mused on it for a bit, I think I would rather join Thorin’s Company.


(This is going to be an unpopular opinion for sure. XP)
My reasons for this choice are 1: this group seems more lighthearted in general than the Fellowship (probably because they’re only going to defeat a dragon, not destroy a powerful magic ring in the Dark Lord’s own kingdom) and 2: I’d rather go to Erebor than Mordor.
Just sayin’.  



2.  ...ride Shadowfax or an eagle?


AN EAGLE.
 No offense meant to Shadowfax, of course; but I’ve always wanted to fly in the air on a creature’s back; and since the dragons of Middle Earth are evil, I must needs to find myself an eagle that is willing to bear me hence.

3.  ...travel through Moria or Mirkwood?



Definitely Mirkwood. I couldn’t do Moria-I don’t like being underground. But forests I love (even twisted ones like Mirkwood). Plus, there’s Elves there. XD



4.  ...learn to make elvish rope or mithril chainmail?


Um, mithril. That would be amazing. It’s so pretty. <33



5.  ...try to outwit Smaug or Saruman?


Smaug. Saruman would unnerve me too much.


That sounds kind of strange, I know. But I’ll take a dragon any day over an ancient, evil Wizard.

6.  ...spend an hour with Grima Wormtongue or Denethor?



UGH THEY’RE BOTH HORRIBLE. I’m going to have to say Denethor, because at least he would just talk about some lore of Gondor or something and I wouldn’t have to say much. Although, if he was more like he is in the books that would be unnerving-he doesn’t miss much. :-Z

(I couldn't find a good gif or picture of him. He's too horrible. X'D) 

Eh, most anyone is better that Grima though.

7.  ...attend Faramir's wedding or Samwise's wedding?

Faramir’s. I ship him and Eowyn badly. <33 And I know what a Hobbit’s wedding looks like already, but I don’t know what a Gondor\Rohan one looks like.


I would miss the beautiful Shire landscape and the Hobbiton dances though. <\\3


8.  ...have to care for the One Ring or the Arkenstone for a day?



Arkenstone. The One Ring would be terrifying.


The only problem is-if I lost the Arkenstone, I’d be dead.
Though I might be even more dead if I lost the One Ring.
No, I’d definitely be dead if I lost the Arkenstone.
We’ll take the Arkenstone nonetheless.

9.  ...have tea with Bilbo or Frodo?



Ooooooof, I do not want to choose. XD
Heh, probably Bilbo. He’s one of my favorite characters.



10.  ...fight alongside Boromir or Eomer?



Probably Eomer.
I don’t have a particular preference though?
Except if I fought alongside Eomer, I would get a horse.
And I do want a horse. XP


Aandd, that's it!!! Many, many thanks to Hamlette for hosting this blog party yet again!!! It's always so much fun. :-D

Your turn to talk! Who's your favorite Middle Earth character? (Mine's Gandalf, btw. XP) Would you rather have tea with Bilbo or Frodo? And isn't The Mouth of Sauron a wonderful character?


Namarie! 


Comments

  1. You and I have a lot of answers in common, but the most important one being in Thorin's Company all the way!!! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. NAMARIE

    ANOTHER ELVISH FAN. EEP

    Great answers, Mem!! Wow, you're the first person I've read that would rather try to outwit Smaug instead or Sauruman xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. /YES!/ *high fives*

      Thank you vv much! *bows*
      X'D That's hilarious. X'D

      Delete
  3. I enjoyed your answers to the tag. You found some great pictures and gifs...I absolutely adore the one you found of Faramir and Eowyn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Losing the one ring would be horrible!! Losing the Arkenstone would be a little more safe, though I know Thorin would probably pin you to the wall and curse at you loudly or worse...But at least you wouldn't be endangering Middle Earth by losing it. Also, I agree about Mirkwood, I love forests so to travel through it would be awesome! Also Legolas and Tauriel are there, so why not go there?
    -Quinley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ikr??? XD Haha, yes probably. X'D
      Yes yes yes!!! Meeting those two would be a m a z i n g. <33

      Delete
  5. Ooop, your Bilbo gifs <333 I love them so muchhh. OOF it's so hard to pick ONE favorite Middle-Earth character but I think Bilbo or Sam. OOH or Aragorn. And I would rather have tea with Bilbo. Haha the Mouth of Sauron is amusing in the movies but scared me to bits in the book because of my imagination XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesssssssssssss. <33 Aragorn is AMAZING. <33 Yes same same!!! Omw!!! X'D

      Delete
  6. This gave me so much unexpected pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is wonderful! I always love an excuse to talk about Middle Earth. :) My favorite character is DEFINITELY The Mouth of Sauron- just kidding. Blegh, he's gross. I have to say Sam, even though it's all of the hobbits really- Sam, Pippin, Merry, Frodo and Bilbo. I love them all. Of non-hobbits it's probably Eowyn. But there is also Gandalf. And Faramir. And gosh, it's just too hard to choose.
    If we were going by movie actor versions of the characters I would choose to have tea with Bilbo, but if it's book versions I couldn't decide.
    I would join the fellowship rather than Thorin's company, but I think you have very good reasons for choosing the latter. I just have to pick four hobbits over one. There is no question there for me. Though I would rather go to Erebor than Mordor.
    Also being in charge of the One Ring would be absolutely terrifying. I would not want that. I am with Faramir on this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES YES SAME!!! X'D
      He kinda is. X'D But he's also amazing. X'D Ikr??? Ooh, Eowyn is another favorite of mine. <33
      Oooooh. Yes yes, I hadn't thought of that!
      X'D X'D Yes, you do like the Hobbits so that makes sense. XP True true. XD
      /YES/

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Stationary Tag

Greetings and Happy Leap Day, my friends!  I got tagged by the lovely Rachel at R's Loft to participate in this stationary tag that was created by Bethany who blogs at Scribbled Fiction ! Many thanks for tagging me, Rachel!!! And many thanks to Bethany for creating this tag. :D There’s little in the world I love more than pens and notebooks…of course, I don’t often actually write in my notebooks but still. They’re amazing. XP 

My Camp Nano Project: Of Seas, Silver, and Shipmates.

Greetings, all!  Since Camp Nano is almost over...HOW IS IT ALREADY ALMOST THE END OF JULY???...ahem, I decided to share a little of what I've been working on this month.  Introducing,  Synopsis Eden Claire is an orphaned serving girl in England. Living her lonely life working in the library of a boarding school, she begins to think that she must always settle for less, and that her dreams of comradeship, adventure, and sailing to unknown lands must slowly dwindle away to nothing. However, when an old forgotten acquaintance shows up on her doorstep with a note left to Eden by her father, those dreams might just become rekindled; dreams that will take Eden to wild escapades on the high seas. Eden must outwit the notorious Damian the Black Hearted and his gang of pirates in her quest for her father’s treasure, but she cannot do it alone-she will need the help of others. Can she learn how important true friendship is, even at the cost of losing the treasure…and

Random Blog Party Pt. 3-Art Competition!!!

Greetings, all! Welcome to part three of the Random Blog Party!!! (Don’t forget to read parts one and two if you haven’t yet!!!) Today we are announcing the Random Blog Party Art Competition!!! Rules: 1.        Draw/paint/sketch/color/carve/sculpt/splatter/or whatever something random from your favorite fandom! 2.        Content must be appropriate for ALL AGES. G for General Audiences. 3.          Post your art on your blog/social media platform and comment with the link on THIS POST by midnight (12:00am) on Wednesday, May 13 th , 2020. 4.        Sadly, there will no actual prize (sorry! we will give out virtual cookies and pizza though) but we will highlight the winners’ artworks on our blog posts! We will be awarding Best Artwork, Most Creative, and Our Personal Favorite. 5.        If you have any questions, feel free to ask! We’re nice people. Hope you artists out there will join our competition!!! Can’t wait to see what you all come