Skip to main content

Forging the Fellowship Tag

Greetings, all! 



I hope you’re all having a lovely weekend! It’s super cold, snowy, and icy here; but other than that, everything’s great where I live. XD

I was tagged by the wonderful Kendra Lynne to participate in this Forging a Fellowship out of Book Characters tag! I am very excited about this tag; as it combines two of my favorite things-fictional characters and LotR.

Seriously; how could this get any better??? :-D

Here be The Rules (darn it; my last couple of tags had no rules):

  1. Include the tag banner in your post. (Okie-day.)
  2. Link back to the creator of the tag. (http://litaflame.blog/)
  3. Thank and link back to the person who tagged you. (Thanks again, Kendra!)
  4. Forge your Fellowship out of BOOK CHARACTERS by answering the given questions!
  5. Tag three bloggers to pass the Ring to. (ONLY THREE???)



And here be The Questions!



1.       [The Ringbearer]: If you could choose, which of the four races would you be: Elf, Dwarf, Human, or Hobbit? 

      Definitely an Elf. They’re awesome and immortal, plus they have great clothes and awesome weapons. (I’d love to be a Wizard too-but they’re not on the list. XD) 


2.       [Gandalf the Grey]: A wise/powerful elder/mentor character:



Halt from The Ranger’s Apprentice series by John Flanagan. He’s a great mentor; and probably my favorite character from the entire RA series. 


3.       [Aragorn]: A character with great survival skills.


Katniss Everdeen from the Hunger Games by Susan Collins. She survived the Hunger Games, people. I think that makes you a great survivor. XD


4.       [Boromir]: A character who makes mistakes but has a good heart.



Think I’m going to say Wolfgang Dankworth from Blank Mastermind by Rosey Mucklestone for this one. I can’t say why though; ‘cause spoilers. ;-D 


5.       [Gimli]: A stubborn character.
(couldn't find a picture of him-sorry) 

Nolan from The Ashtown Burials series by N.D. Wilson. I love Nolan, even though he’s a pill.


6.       [Legolas]: A character who is talented.



SHERLOCK HOLMES. <3 


7.       [Peregrin Took]: A character who at first seems useless but ends up surprising you.


PIPPIN IS NOT USELESS!!! *is deeply offended*

Um…I guess maybe…erm…well, the only character that I can think of that seemed useless but surprised me is Richard from the 100 Cupboards series by N.D. Wilson. But I don’t really want him to be in my fellowship…so how about Doctor Livesey from Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson. We’ll have him. *nods* I like him. 


8.       [Meriadoc Brandybuck]: A character who is small/not very strong but has great courage.


Holly Short from the Artemis Fowl series. Since she’s an Elf she’s not very big; but she doesn’t lack in guts. (Also; I couldn't find any pictures of her from the new movie coming out. Not sure if I like this one but it was better than some of the other fanart of her.) 


9.       [Samwise Gamgee]: A character who is extremely loyal and who doesn’t give up.



Reepicheep from the Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis. I could have used him for the previous question, but I thought of Holly first. Honestly, either of those characters could work for either question. XD



Well, I’m going to have a very interesting fellowship when I start on my adventure. XD

Now I get to tag three ringbearers!!!


(I don’t think any of you have been tagged for this tag yet. XD)

Here are the questions!

#1 [The Ringbearer]: If you could choose, which of the four races would you be: Elf, Dwarf, Human, or Hobbit?

#2 [Gandalf the Grey]: A wise/powerful elder/mentor character:

#3 [Aragorn]: A character with great survival skills.

#4 [Boromir]: A character who makes mistakes but has a good heart.

#5 [Gimli]: A stubborn character.

#6 [Legolas]: A character who is talented.

#7 [Peregrin Took]: A character who at first seems useless but ends up surprising you.

#8 [Meriadoc Brandybuck]: A character who is small/not very strong but has great courage.

#9 [Samwise Gamgee]: A character who is extremely loyal and who doesn’t give up.

Have fun!



Your turn to talk! What character would you pick to be a mentor character in your fellowship? Has anyone read any of N.D. Wilson’s amazing fantasy series? And does anyone agree with me that Pippin is not useless???



Namarie!




P.S. Feel free to steal this tag if you want to! I decided to abide by the rules this time and only tag three people; but if you want to steal it you can just claim that I tagged you too. XP 

Comments

  1. Oooh, these answers were fun to read. I agree about Holly Short, and I would be an elf too, ELVES ARE AWESOME! :D Also imagine what would happen if Sherlock Holmes and Legolas were in the same room? It would be awesome and slightly funny at the same time.
    -Quinley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES I AGREE!!! XD
      Oh my word; it would be awesome. :-O

      Delete
  2. P.S. And I agree Pippin is not useless, and also he has a great singing voice so there. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a super cool idea, I love it! I pretty much agree with all the characters you have chosen... *nods* Halt is great. I think a good mentor character would also be Caleb or Mordecai from the 100 Cupboards series...or maybe Eli. (I absolutely love 100 Cupboards...it's my favorite ND Wilson series!)

    I agree that Pippin is not useless! *offended Hobbit noises* XD

    Very fun, Mem!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!!! It's so cool!!! (You're welcome to steal it if you want...XD) Ooh, yes!!! Caleb is one of my favorites. <333
      I heartily agree. *makes offended noises with you*
      Thanks!!! :-D

      Delete
  4. All these characters are awesome! Halt from Ranger's Apprentice is definitely on my list of favorite characters. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my word! Nolan is hilarious. XD And Richard. Ahhh, they're both such ridiculous characters that no one ever talks about. XD

    Pippin is DEFINITELY not useless. <3 The little hobbit child. xP

    Thanks for tagging me, Mem!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RIGHT?!?!?! He should definitely have more fans than he does. XD I know!!!
      YES I AGREE. <333
      No problem!!! Hope you enjoy doing the tag!! :-D

      Delete
  6. Yay, you did the tag!! Great answers. Yes, Pippin is NOT useless. I repeat, NOT. I don't know why anyone would consider him that way?? Sherlock is definitely talented. *nods vigorously*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I did!!! Thanks!!! YES I AGREE. I have no idea?!?!?! Oh, yes. Very. ;-D

      Delete
  7. I AGREE WITH THE SAM AND REEPICHEEP ONE SO MUCH!! And PIPPIN IS AMAZING. <333

    ReplyDelete
  8. MEM, your answers are perfect :).

    How dare they call Pippin useless??? Everyone knows that a comic relief is always useful in stressful situations.....*sigh*

    Coool! I had seen this tag float around and I'm glad it came to me! Thank you! (I hope I get to it before 8 months from now....that seems to be my average turnaround time, and it's horrible!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you! *bows* XD
      I KNOW!!! *glares at tag*
      No problem! :-D (Oh well; if it doesn't that's fine. ;-D)

      Delete
  9. I would pick Sherlock to be in my fellowship!- Jose

    ReplyDelete
  10. Katniss is a great survivor. I think I'd pick to be an elf, too. Weapons are a big thing for me for whatever reason.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES she is. AWESOME!!! YES WEAPONS ARE GREAT. <3

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Stationary Tag

Greetings and Happy Leap Day, my friends!  I got tagged by the lovely Rachel at R's Loft to participate in this stationary tag that was created by Bethany who blogs at Scribbled Fiction ! Many thanks for tagging me, Rachel!!! And many thanks to Bethany for creating this tag. :D There’s little in the world I love more than pens and notebooks…of course, I don’t often actually write in my notebooks but still. They’re amazing. XP 

My Camp Nano Project: Of Seas, Silver, and Shipmates.

Greetings, all!  Since Camp Nano is almost over...HOW IS IT ALREADY ALMOST THE END OF JULY???...ahem, I decided to share a little of what I've been working on this month.  Introducing,  Synopsis Eden Claire is an orphaned serving girl in England. Living her lonely life working in the library of a boarding school, she begins to think that she must always settle for less, and that her dreams of comradeship, adventure, and sailing to unknown lands must slowly dwindle away to nothing. However, when an old forgotten acquaintance shows up on her doorstep with a note left to Eden by her father, those dreams might just become rekindled; dreams that will take Eden to wild escapades on the high seas. Eden must outwit the notorious Damian the Black Hearted and his gang of pirates in her quest for her father’s treasure, but she cannot do it alone-she will need the help of others. Can she learn how important true friendship is, even at the cost of losing the treasure…and

Random Blog Party Pt. 3-Art Competition!!!

Greetings, all! Welcome to part three of the Random Blog Party!!! (Don’t forget to read parts one and two if you haven’t yet!!!) Today we are announcing the Random Blog Party Art Competition!!! Rules: 1.        Draw/paint/sketch/color/carve/sculpt/splatter/or whatever something random from your favorite fandom! 2.        Content must be appropriate for ALL AGES. G for General Audiences. 3.          Post your art on your blog/social media platform and comment with the link on THIS POST by midnight (12:00am) on Wednesday, May 13 th , 2020. 4.        Sadly, there will no actual prize (sorry! we will give out virtual cookies and pizza though) but we will highlight the winners’ artworks on our blog posts! We will be awarding Best Artwork, Most Creative, and Our Personal Favorite. 5.        If you have any questions, feel free to ask! We’re nice people. Hope you artists out there will join our competition!!! Can’t wait to see what you all come